Pickleball Ace may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
What is Tennis Elbow:
If you have been doing a lot of gardening, painting, manual work in general, or even just playing pickleball, and you have noticed a pain in your elbow, you might have tennis elbow.
Tennis elbow is the common term for lateral epicondylitis, a muscular injury caused by overuse and muscle strain. What happens is that over time, as you repeat your motion — which may be small — the repetition can make tiny tears in your tendons and misshapen your elbow. Not to mention, be very painful.
Related Reading: Best Sunglasses for Tennis Players [Our Reviews and Comparison]
Who’s at risk?
There are a few factors to take into consideration when it comes to the risk associated with tennis elbow. It’s not, as you may think, restricted to tennis players at all.
It’s most common to occur in adults between the ages of thirty to fifty. The joints are changing but your activities are likely still at full speed.
Jobs commonly associated with tennis elbow are plumbers, painters, butchers; anyone who is doing repetitive motions with a lot of physical exertion.
And of course, racquet sport players.
You may have tennis elbow if…
You feel a pain starting from the outside of your elbow and pulsing out through our forearm and wrist. The pain may be intermittent or consistent, but this may be a sign of tennis elbow. Have you noticed that your hands shake, or you’re having more trouble than usual when you try and grip an object, shake hands, or turn a doorknob? You might be exhibiting signs of tennis elbow.
Top Five Braces for Tennis Elbow:
The Mueller Adjustable is a great everyday brace that really suits almost all purposes. It comes with a gel disc providing support and comfort. Depending on where you place the disc, the brace can help with a myriad of things ranging from simple gardening to the treatment of medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow).
It’s super lightweight and has an antimicrobial treatment that helps to fight against the bacteria that causes odor. As you can imagine, this is a great feature in a daily brace when you’re sweating it out on the court or in the yard.
It’s also neoprene free, which can be difficult to find in a brace, causing issues to those with neoprene irritation.
At just over ten dollars, the Mueller Adjustable is great value for money, and can also be bought in a pack of two.
For support, put the gel disc on the outside of the forearm and below the elbow. If you reverse the placement of the gel disc to the inside of your forearm, you’ve now got yourself a golfer’s elbow treatment.
- Wraparound design for easy fit and adjustable compression
- Soothing neoprene warmth helps keep elbow joints flexible
- Fits elbow circumference 10 - 18"
When you purchase the Simian Sport you will also receive an e-book called ‘Addressing Tennis Elbow Pain’. The e-book covers how to use the straps, general information when it comes to treating your elbow, as well as how to prevent further problems.
The simple design means that it can be maneuvered to address several problems. It comes with gel pads, as being a higher quality product than your standard air pads.
It’s made of 65% neoprene for breathability and 35% nylon. It does have an element of latex in the logo so that’s a consideration if you’re sensitive. It’s nylon component makes it one size fits all.
Downside: The Simien Sport only comes in packs of two, so there’s no being economical here. However…
Bonus: The Simien Sport also comes with a sweat headband. This won’t help your elbow in any way, but who doesn’t love a freebie?
- ✔ SIZING CHART & MATERIAL: Based on the second image of our listing. Measure the full circle or circumference at 5 inches above your elbow joint -- Small size is 8-10 inches -- Medium size is 10.5-12.0 inches -- Large size is 12.5-14 inches -- X-Large 14.5-16.0 inches. 88% Copper Nylon and 12% Spandex. If you have any issues, we will be happy to send you replacements for the size you need. SIMIEN is customer satisfaction obsessed!
- ✔ AMAZING VALUE & BONUS ITEM: You get ONE tennis elbow sleeve and ONE Brace for a much lower price. And a FREE eBook (email PDF) entitled "Addressing Tennis Elbow Pain". The eBook will give you the tools and knowledge to address golfer's and tennis elbow pain, including additional online resources such as exercises and therapies that have been shown to be helpful for tennis elbow sufferers.
- ✔ MUSCLE TISSUE & JOINT PAIN RELIEF: Can be used for tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, computer or mouse elbow, rower’s elbow, fishing elbow, pool or billiard elbow. Can also be used during weightlifting, basketball or other sport activities.
- ✔ VERSATILE: Sizes fit just right and can be used on both elbows. Complements the SIMIEN Flexible Rubber Twist Bar (to strengthen by flex and twist motions). Use together with brace on top of the sleeve (See deep discount below to combine these). Works great for women and men thanks to the various sizes.
- ✔ HIGHEST QUALITY: We guarantee that the brace - sleeve combo will last or you will get your money back. You can keep your brace - sleeve combo (and bonuses) and we will refund you for your purchase. Click the ADD TO CART button to Stay Active and Strong.
McDavid 489 Elbow Strap For Tendonitis And Tennis Elbow
The McDavid Strap offers more heavy-duty support for tennis elbow sufferers. It’s officially classified at the ‘level 2 protection’ as it covers more of the forearm than your regular strap.
This advanced strap uses Sorbothane pads to compress the troubled area. These are similar to gel pads but not quite the same. It gives it a more comfortable cushioning and less traction that can lead to pinching.
It’s design means that you can wear it on either the right or the left arm, while it’s simple clasp mechanism makes personal contouring easy.
- Best for helping to relieve painful tennis/golf elbow symptoms through targeted pressure
- Dual Sorbothane pads provide targeted, pain-relieving pressure
- Latex-free, neoprene construction provides thermal/compression therapy and soft tissue support
- Adjustable hook and loop closure for secure fit and comfort
- Flat-seam construction for ultra comfort and contouring fit
Zensah Compression Tennis Elbow Sleeve
We’ve thrown this sleeve into the mix because sometimes you need some daily wear relief. The Zensah Compression Tennis Elbow Sleeve is made from a nylon-spandex blend and is extremely breathable.
It’s antimicrobial properties mean you can wear it all day and it won’t be worse for wear. Not to mention it’s thin design making it perfect for under-shirt wear.
It’s cuff is no-slip, so you won’t be fidgeting all day under your clothes as you receive all-day support with full range of motion. It’s lightweight fabric also means it can be folded or moved according to where you need the pressure the most.
You can also wear this sleeve to prevent injury, not just treat it. Wearing the sleeve during your activity will stabilise your muscles and offer general support so you don’t strain yourself.
- One Elbow Sleeve per Purchase: Each purchase includes one single compression elbow sleeve. We also recommend that the elbow sleeve not be used during sleep
- Injury Prevention: The Zensah Elbow Sleeve helps to prevent injuries by stabilizing the muscles in the elbow area. This prevents injuries from developing and micro-tears of muscles. The elbow sleeve also has chevron ribbing for enhanced support to the forearm area
- Ultra-Comfortable Zensah Fabric: Made with advanced Zensah fabric, the Zensah Compression Elbow Sleeve is moisture wicking, anti-odor, and ultra-comfortable. The compression elbow sleeve will not become heavy with perspiration, staying lightweight. It is breathable, ensuring you don't get hot while wearing. It is made of a nylon and spandex blend. We guarantee this is the best elbow sleeve you will ever use
- Stays in Place and Full Range of Motion: The compression elbow sleeve features a no-slip cuff to prevent the elbow sleeve from slipping or sliding. Whether using the elbow sleeve for tennis or to treat elbow pain from an overuse injury, the compression in the elbow sleeve allows it to stay in place and not slip or slide unlike traditional tennis elbow straps. The lightweight design of the elbow sleeve provides a full range of motion unlike hard elbow braces
- Tennis Elbow, Elbow Tendinitis, and Golfer's Elbow Relief: The compression elbow sleeve features Advance + Compression Technology - a cuff that is able to be folded over to provide a greater amount of compression to the upper forearm area. This helps to apply pressure where you need it the most to alleviate elbow pain
Bracoo Tennis-Golfer Elbow Strap
The Bracoo Strap is simple yet effective. It’s a one size fits all design reaching to 11.5 inches in diameter. It’s minimalist design means that though it does the one job, it does it’s job well.
It’s compression pad is made of eva, which is a type of plastic that isn’t exactly plastic (polymer) that has the flexibility and softness of rubber, while being resistant to UV rays and with the classic waterproof properties.
Materials: 65% polyester, 15% rubber, 12% nylon, and 8% Spandex.
It’s definitely not the prettiest of the bunch, but if you’re looking for bang for your buck, for a basic high-quality support system, look no further.
- SIMPLE YET EFFECTIVE elbow support against acute & chronic pain, strains, sprains, and fatigue; ideal for post-surgery recovery or preventing sports injuries
- 4-WAY STRETCH FABRIC exerts even compression around the elbow which reduces muscle fatigue and tendon stress
- SKIN-FRIENDLY latex-free breathable neoprene increases blood circulation and provides soothing warmth thereby accelerating the body’s natural recovery and alleviating stiffness & inflammation; draws perspiration away throughout the day, or during intense exercise at the gym or on the court
- ADJUSTABLE SUPPORT featuring broad strapping that attaches anywhere along the outer surface; allows a broad range of motion while still providing guiding support, discretely against the skin, beneath clothing
- VERSATILE DESIGN fits right or left elbows 7-13 inches in circumference
How to Care for Your Elbow Brace:
Hand washing is always the most gentle way to care for your brace. After you’ve given it a wash, lay it out flat to dry. Your brace can also be washed on delicate in a washing machine, but this may affect velcro.